Saturday, March 20, 2010

More Awesome Randoms

This week was spring break, and I spent a few days in Philadelphia with Steph, some days adventuring and shooting (photos), and some days working.  I definitely have been neglecting the blog, but I don't really have any shots that I can either tell a good story about or that I rode the bike to get.  But, I do have a ton of unrelated stuff that I can post, so yeah:

This here is Stephanie enjoying the great outdoors at Connetquot River State Park.  I made her hike the five mile loop along a really muddy and snowy trail, making for some good times.  I was showing off how much I like the mud and I splashed my boots all in it.  It was a total accident (mostly) that I splashed muddy goodness all over her pants.  Sorry!  It was all worth it though.  The river was serene and the trout were jumping out of the water.  The lake that the river drains into is also really cool.  It is full of ducks and swans and we made friends with one that was hanging out on the shore.  He probably died right after though.  Most normal swans don't let people's girlfriends just lean in to pet them, they usually get pretty angry.  Definitely died.  Love ya Steph!

This delicious looking concoction is homemade gnocchi.  When we were in Italy, the waiters in the restaurants pronounced it "nyo-ki" but I don't give two balls and still say it like "no-key."  For those idiots out there that don't know what gnocchi is, it is basically balls of mashed potato and dough.  It's usually pretty good, but this here was extremely fuckin gnarly gnocchi that is made from scratch.  Yeah, bet you didn't see that coming.  In addition to being pro hikers, Steph and I are also accomplished cooks as this is our third dish.  We haven't messed up yet.  I tried to get Steph to bake some shit last night, but she was having none of it.  I'm about to pick her up soon so hopefully she's in the mood (FOR BAKING).  I really could use some cupcakes around the house, since everyone around here seems afraid of the grocery store for some reason.

A few posts back, I mentioned that I like taking photos of abandoned shit.  It's been my favorite subject for awhile, and seeing other people's shots is pretty much what got me more into photography.  I like it because I can get shots like this.  I usually only like one photo from a day of shooting, and the lighting and color in this scene definitely do it for me.  Not much of a story behind this one.  It was taken the other day in a large, mostly abandoned state hospital complex not far from where I live.  After avoiding detection at the two wide open back doors, we ninja-ed around to the side and into another wide open door.  As you can see, this is a totally pro location for only pro adventurers, so I can't go into more detail.

In other news, I just thought of a good potential post about a little thing that happened around town called Destruction Night.  I do have a related picture, so I think there will be another post tomorrow.  Those in the know should be excited and on the lookout for that.  Also, photo wise, I'm taking another photo class next semester (my last one).  So I am excited for that.  I got an A in Digital Photography I so hopefully I'll do the same in II.  I don't think I will do my shit on abandoned shit though, as I did that shit last time.  I want to do dreamlike shit.  I am looking around the internetz for some inspirational paintings and whatnot.  I think it will either be people in their dreams or just dreamlike environments.  Either way, I am sure to sound like a veteran artfag and achieve another A in the course.

No comments: